Sports Medicine Oregon has worked hard over the years to ensure that the Portland Timbers’ players remain competitive and healthy throughout the grueling MLS season. Dr. Edelson, the Portland Timbers’ Chief Medical Officer, is also Head Team Physician. The soccer club currently has Dr. Greenleaf, and Dr. Murphy as its team physicians. Dr. Hamilton serves as the Timbers’ consultant hand surgeon, while Dr. Trimberger is the Timbers T2 Team physician.
Don’t forget to support the Timbers this weekend! The club will be taking on Atlanta United in 2018 MLS Cup! Despite the Timbers’ stellar season, Atlanta United FC seems to be the favorite going into the match at their home stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta United FC currently ranks second in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 21-7-6. With a record of 15-10-9, the Timbers were fifth in the Western Conference. The Timbers will attempt to win the MLS Cup for the first time in team history. On Saturday, the Timbers team will include 8 members of the 2015 MLS Cup champion team. The match will take place Saturday, December 8th at 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Tonight was Timbers Austin FC’s home debut win
Austin FC was the first to touch each ball against the Portland solid timber. They were quicker to press the ball to win it back, and more aggressive offensively in order to force the issue at Q2 Stadium.
- The Oaks won 4-1 and scored twice in five minutes.
- The rout began after Jon Gallagher scored the first goal in MLS play.
In the 33rd minute Diego Fagundez made it 2-0. Portland got a goal back through Jeremy Ebobisse just before halftime. Austin FC began the second half with renewed purpose. Goals were scored by Alex Ring, who took a set piece, and Hector Jimenez, who was quick to transition.
Austin FC has now collected 13 points from its 12 MLS matches and has scored four goals in a match.
Austin FC leads this match. Hector Jimenez (defender), who had a shot that was deflected onto a crossbar earlier in match, displays some impressive footwork within the six-yard box to fool Portland goalkeeper Steve Clark. He easily placed the ball into the net.
Timbers Austin scored two goals in five minutes for the second time tonight
- Austin FC’s greatest offensive performance in franchise history features four goals in 81 mins from a variety different methods.
- Austin FC also made two substitutions timber frame after the goal. Zan Kolmanic, Daniel Pereira and Aedan Stanley were replaced by Sebastian Berhalter and Sebastian Berhalter.
- Cecilio Dominguez swung the ball in on a free kick to the right wing. Captain Alex Ring met the ball and directed the ball into the left corner. Q2 Stadium has exploded again.
- Austin FC’s third goal is the first to be scored in front the supporters section. The Oaks ran quickly over to celebrate the goal with their fans.
- Austin FC scored the goal from a set-piece, marking their first goal directly from a set-piece in franchise history.